Friday, January 15, 2010

Thoughts on Religion and Science Fiction Course

Today more than at any other time during any class I've taken at Butler, a novel idea was presented to me in such a way that it not only gave me one of those common "lightbulb moment" feelings, but it also sparked my imagination. Now I think I know what I will write my short fiction story on, and I'll be quite enthusiastic about it because it feels quite original to me. The idea came while we were discussing the idea of alien beings and how they are presented in literature. For some reason the first thing that came to my mind was the original use of alien perspective in the movie "Destrict 9". Alien perspective has always been interesting to me in the sense that I think we spend too much time wondering what aliens might be like or look like, so now I must wonder what they would think of us? What would they think of our tendencies? I want to explore this.

Ben Goshorn-Maroney

No comments: