Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Star Wars Documentary

I have never seen a Star Wars movie (I know, I’ve been living under a rock all my life), but after seeing this documentary I really want to watch the series. I can understand why Star Wars is a pop culture phenomenon – it appeals to so many people on so many different levels. One part of Star Wars that really piqued my interest was the religious aspect of Star Wars. According to George Lucas, “faith is the glue that holds our society together.” For instance, he even mentioned that he sculpted certain characters in a religious vein. Lucas mentioned that he wanted the Jedis to be spiritual but he did not elaborate on the extent of their spirituality. Also, Lucas goes on to mention that redemption is a major theme in the Star Wars series.

No comments: